The privacy and security of your personal information is important to us. We want you to be aware of how we collect and handle information on our site.
Information HHisland.com collects
When you visit HHisland.com, we may collect the following information about your visit:
- Anonymous statistics collected as you browse the site
- Personal information you knowingly give us
HHIsland.com collects personal information such as name, address, and e-mail address, when you knowingly provide it to us. Our Web servers automatically collect statistical information about your visit such as pages visited and which browsers are used to visit our site. None of this information is associated with you as an individual (see information about cookies). We use these statistics to monitor our site's performance and to make it easier for you to use.
Personal information use
When you supply information for a specific purpose, such as online ordering of a HHIsland.com service, we use the information only for that purpose.
When you use our Web site to order services, we may use this individually identifiable information as we would if obtained in a non-electronic manner. Such information may include:
- Publishing your name, address, and phone number in our directories (unless you have requested a non-published or non-listed number)
- Evaluating your service needs and contacting you regarding additional services you may find useful
If the way we use personally identifiable information changes, HHIsland.com will contact you via e-mail notifying you of this change and giving you the opportunity to opt out of such use.
When you choose to register with HHisland.com or any other owned site, we request accurate contact information and preferences that help us better serve you. You will be able to choose if your contact information is used to send you company and product information, special offers, and in some cases, newsletters.
Anytime you register with us you may:
- Opt out. At any time after the initial registration, you can opt out by either going to Contact Us and e-mailing us your request, or in some applications you can cancel/change your profile within the application itself.
- Update your contact and personal information anytime by notifying us of changes to this information previously collected from you online.
- Notify us if you find an error on your bill.
In order to improve your experience with us, we may decide to improve our site's ability to obtain information about users. We will update this privacy statement continually to ensure that you are aware of developments in this area.
Automatically collected information
- Ensure that you see the correct products and pricing applicable to the area in which you live
- Manage the number of ads that you see to avoid over-delivery of the same message
- Tailor an advertisement to better match your interests and preferences
A cookie is a small data string our server writes to your hard drive. This data string contains your unique user ID for our Web site. This technology also allows us to customize your experiences when you visit the Hargray Web site. For example, we're able to deliver content specific to your interests, keep track of your online ordering and alert you to new products or money saving opportunities based on your current services.
Cookies contain a session identification number that our systems use to recall previous authentication or order information from our servers. We may also collect your domain name, the address of the last URL you visited prior to clicking through to our Web site and your browser and platform type.
It's important you know that a cookie cannot be used to access or otherwise compromise the data on your hard drive. Your privacy is always protected. However, at any time you may choose to change your browser settings to disable cookies if you do not want us to establish and maintain a unique Hargray.com user ID for you. Please be aware that cookies may be required to complete certain functions on this Web site, such as ordering online.
Information never sold or disclosed to third parties
We do not sell or disclose individually identifiable information obtained online about our visitors to anyone outside of Hargray. The only exceptions to this rule are the following:
- If you specifically authorize Hargray to share your information with another company
- It is required by law
- Disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of customers, employees, or property
Personal information you voluntarily supply when obtaining information, purchasing products, or interacting with our advertising on Hargray.com is not shared for use outside Hargray. This information is Hargray proprietary data and is not available to any outside company in this personalized form. Should any changes be made in the way we use personally identifiable information, Hargray will contact you via e-mail notifying you of this change and give you the opportunity to choose to opt out of such use.
Hargray strives to continuously improve our customers' online experience by providing them with the latest information about the benefits of Hargray's products and services and in other circumstances described below. We may provide this information in any number of ways, including e-mails to our customers and online visitors who have provided their e-mail addresses to Hargray. In addition, unless you have chosen to opt out from receiving e-mail messages from Hargray, Hargray may send e-mails to:
- Inform customers that their telephone bills are available for review online
- Conduct online surveys
- Provide marketing information about Hargray products and services
- Provide information to those who have voluntarily provided their e-mail addresses to third parties in order to receive promotional material
Moreover, in the following situations, Hargray reserves the right to communicate through e-mail with online users, including those who have opted out of receiving solicitation-based e-mails, to:
- Notify customers about outages or service affecting changes
- Respond to an online user's e-mail
- Confirm transactions, orders, payments and registrations placed online
- Send information that a customer or potential customer has requested
- Provide emergency, security and online account maintenance information
Hargray supports and complies with all laws governing its e-mail communications and will update this policy as needed to ensure ongoing compliance.
Bluffton SC Real Estate
We are committed to protecting the information you give us, so we implement the appropriate safeguards to do so. Any information that you give us is protected by a password with a minimum of six characters for added security. Within Hargray, your information is stored in password-protected, limited-access servers. Wherever possible, Hargray servers reside behind a corporate firewall that maintains tight controls on any access to the system from both our internal network and the Internet.
As an online advertiser, Hargray uses information supplied from third-party companies in several ways. This is aggregated data that does not personally identify any individual online user. This data is used to:
- Evaluate and prioritize site selection when developing online media plans
- Geographically target advertising
- Deliver product and pricing information applicable to the customer's state
- Gauge the effectiveness of our online advertising
Again, personally identifiable information such as name, address, phone number, or e-mail address is not collected unless you voluntarily supply this data in order to get further information about Hargray products and services.
Third-party advertising companies may also utilize technology in order to measure the effectiveness of ads. Some Hargray Web pages may contain clear .gif's (also known as Web beacons), electronic images that allow the third party to collect anonymous information. This anonymous information about your visits to our site is used to provide advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. No personally identifiable information is collected during this process.
Revised July 18, 2004